Fanavid was created in 1963, supported on the nearly 20-year experience of its founder, Mr. Mansur José Farhat in the glass industry.
Mr. Farhat's experience in this sector started in 1945, when he opened a glazier's shop in the District of Brás, in São Paulo. At the end of the decade, the shop would become the largest importer of glass in São Paulo.
In 1957, the businessman also founded Cristal Plex, in Mooca. The company, which manufactured laminated glasses, supplied glass to the civil construction and quickly became the largest Brazilian supplier for stoves and television factories in Brazil, having Philips and Philco as its clients. In addition, it supplied the spare market with laminated laterals for imported automobiles.
Between the foundations of his different business, Mr. Farhat still helped create União Brasil de Vidros (Brazilian Glass Union), an association of glass marketers motivated by the increasing industrialization in Brazil.
Everything explains the vocation for Fanavid pioneering, whose history is presented herein.
• In 1961, supported on the nearly 20-year experience in the glass industry, the first Fanavid factory starts to be built, at number 112, Rua Maria Marcolina, São Paulo, in order to meet the market raised with the installation of automakers in Brazil.
In 1963, Fanavid is inaugurated, an industry for hardened glass production. The quality of Fanavid products conquers the market early and the company starts to supply for important automakers in Brazil:
• It was the first factory to supply glasses to DKW Vemag.
• It supplied to Mercedes-Benz’s trucks and buses, Ford’s vehicles (Corcel, Galaxi and Pick-ups) and GM’s vehicles (Pick-ups and trucks).
• Fanavid started to manufacture glasses for Rural and Rural Pick-up with the purchasing of Willys by Ford.
• It met almost all the bus body factories in Brazil, such as Caio, Grassi, Striuli, Carbrasa, Metropolitana, Ciferal, Cermava, Cirb, Bons Amigos and Nicola.
• Fanavid quickly becomes the largest glass manufacturer for buses in Brazilian market.
• In early 70's, the building of a new factory is started, in a 10,000 m2 terrain, in Vila Guilherme, also in São Paulo.
• This factory, dedicated to hardened glasses, is inaugurated in 1974.
• The purchasing of a terrain in Barra Funda, at Rua Robert Bosch, for the building of one more factory.
• In 1981, Fanavid inaugurates its new factory, producing plain and curved laminated to the automotive market. The company highlights for its pioneering.
• Still in 1981, GM launches the first car with laminated glasses, Monza, with Fanavid’s glasses.
• Fanavid becomes the first laminated glass manufacturer for buses in Brazil, in addition to fulfill automakers, such as GM, Ford and Volkswagen.
• In 1986, a 125,000 m2 terrain is bought at Rodovia Dutra, in Guarulhos, for the installation of a new factory, whose building would start two years later.
• In 1992, Dutra's factory is inaugurated, with a building where the second horizontal oven in Brazil becomes operational.
• The second building of the Via Dutra’s plant is built in 1995.
• At this time, Fanavid supplies glasses for Autolatina’s vehicles (Ford/VW), such as Del Rey, Santana, Gol “geração I” and Kombi, and GM’s vehicles, such as Monza, Opala and Corsa, as well as for automakers as Marcopolo, Busscar, and Comil.
• Thanks to its technical and industrial capability, Fanavid provides specific solutions for some cases outside the automobile industry, such as laminated glasses of spatial geometry for Citibank’s building in Avenida Paulista.
• In 1996, Vila Guilherme’s factory is transferred to Dutra.
• In this same year, Fanavid is granted with ISO 9000 certification, version 94.
• The company supplies glasses for Gol “geração II" and “geração III”.
• In 2002, all the Fanavid’s operations are centered into Guarulhos’ industrial plant.
• The company supplied glasses to Pajero TR4, Mitsubishi L200, Troller and nationalizes the supply for agricultural machines, tractors and building machines, such as CNH, Valtra and Caterpillar.
• Fanavid completes 40 years of foundation in 2003 and launches its line of armored glass, becoming the single Brazilian company of glass transformation operating in all the automobile segments.
• In 2007, Grupo Mansur Farhat bets and guesses right that civil construction in Brazil would grow and finalize the procurement, reformation and modernization process of Santa Marina Vitrage’s facilities.
• In 2010, after the procurement of the Santa Marina Vitrage’s operations, Fanavid brand is consolidated in the civil construction and architecture segments.